Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hi there
Thought I would drop a line to write just a little about me.

I live up here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest Puget Sound region, where it rainsalot. Sometimes the sun shines. I dub my husband as Murphy Miff. I am up here instead of in Oregon which I love, because I married him 17 years ago.

We created a spot here that is full of content and we spoil each other every day. He is 8 years younger than I am, and so I stay close to home instead of snow birding with all my friends the same age as I am. Maybe we will go seek sun in the winters when he retires in 4 more years, who knows.

I started Cross-Stitching about three months ago; inspired first by my daughter Lolly, then sitting with my step mother Carolyn Hope and watching her do some wonderous works of art.

I also like to quilt. And knit scarfs, taught to knit by my youngest daughter who lives in Topeka these days. My mother taught me how to crochet and I like to do that, too. I have a good stash of both yarns and materials. Sometimes just sitting looking at it all satisfies my soul. sigh.

I don't feel like a senior citizen. In my mind I still do cartwheels and run the best in my gym class. Or pick 400lbs of green beans in one day. Or squardance all night. Or mow the yard, then get on the roof, then plant a garden, and then tackle at least five more strenous tasks before nightfall. I remember it all. It's just that I have a little more sense nowadays, and think things through and give my verbal support more now, instead. The trick is to just Keep Up with the youngsters.

Another funny thing about getting older. It is like I am wearing a disguise. So many people do not See me anymore. They look right past me and it makes me smile. I can get away with anything, and no one would remember my being there. Now, my favorite people, my family, don't do this. And the beautiful thing about grandchildren is that they look right into your Heart.

So, that is enough for the first time writing, don't you think. I do. So, on this line I will hang my close, Loving, contented, Luv2ReedGrandma

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Hello Hello! Fun to read your blog. What is the significance behind your husband's nickname Murphy Miff? What is your favorite color? Do you have any knitting projects in the works at the moment? And what are your top 3 favorite candies? I must know. Sending love your way from over here in Topeka.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said...

Hi in Topeka!! Ummm Murphy Miff came into being when I worked at a Radiator shop and the boss was always having some ailment or another. Hard to explain. My fafrit color is ummm sky blue. No knitting projects in process, but like the idea of white fun fur over blue for a scarf. Fafrit candies ummmm carmel. Chololate covered raisons. Hard fudge that you can't find anymore, but Almond Joy or Hershey almond bar comes close. Now I have a question. Where did the little one learn how to do raspberries from; his Pa? haha Love from my calm haven here in the Pac NW.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi L2Rgma,
I really don't know where lil Sprout learned to do raspberries, but I think it's the cutest thing ever. I think I like it so much because it means he's happy. And his second tooth is popping out next to the first little toofie on his bottom gums. We just fed him rice cereal over the weekend, and he loves it. It tastes just like Cream of Wheat. I'm hoping it will stick to his ribs and keep his tummy fuller longer, and also help him get a little chubby.
Love you lots, Me.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Hello, I'm writing to you ALL THE WAY FROM CHICAGO!!!! I was curious because I would LOVE to see a video tape of you cartweeling around your yard! Well, until you send me one, answer me this: If you could visit one place for a day, but never return, where would it be? Its a tough one!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said...

Hello to Chicago!!!Tim. Ah, Tim, Tim. I did the cartwheels when I was a young girl. I would have liked to have known you at that time, too. But things have to be done in sequence, you see.
I don't think I would like to go Anyplace that I couldn't return from. How long is a day? 1000 years? Only a day? How about right here where I am now; haha. Luv ya, GmaK

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home