Sunday, January 22, 2006

One day I will post a picture of a few quilts I have made, and the little stuffed animals (which I sewed this week for the grandkids while visiting in Arizona;) That is, when I figure how to put pictures onto this blog. Which seems to elude me right now.

Back from a week in the Sunshine. It was so bright and Nice. I would go outside just to soak some in. I could even see Stars at night!!!! No clouds. And do you know what is funny? When I was there I hardly saw any people outside. I asked why was that and was told that it was Winter for them. Here this Pacific NW girl (me) was out without sweater and enjoying it all. Sigh. Well, I guess it does get Hot there in the summer; around 115 degrees or more, and then the same people stay in their houses then, too, because it is so hot. hahaha That is why I visit this time of the year.
We made it to Yuma to look up my Pa, and it was good seeing him riding around in his little golf cart, and sharing our cup of coffee. His whole life has changed now. I told him to enjoy his stay and the sunshine while he was there. My brother and his wife are heading back to the Pac NW in April, so I will see him again then.
I sat in the sunshine on the plane back home. I could tell when we were heading down from the clouds to land, because a Blanket of thick clouds covered us and it was considerably darker all of a sudden. And sure enough, it sprinkled on the way to the house. Sigh. But back to the air that you can breathe, and to our pellet stove. And I had that week of Sunshine.

I am still wearing my Senior Citizen disguise. The one that when people look at you, they don't See you. It works even in Arizona. Amazing. Just not with grandkids and family.

I am pleased to report that the little yellow canary is growing some fuzz around her bald little neck and back of head. See why you don't give up on disguises?

To Angel from Shikaka: no, things don't just Fall off. They hang on. Emphasis on the Hang. haha It is interesting when your kids talk about getting older. Part of the Grandma thing, I guess. I am still 19 in my head. Just an 'antique' little girl. Stick around awhile, and you will know what I am talking about, peoples. To Topeka, who was glad to have me Closer: Thanks for trying to help me with pictures for the blog; I will keep trying. I love it that you love me. I Love my girls a Lot. (Can you tell?) Probably. I enjoy the grandkids' blogs; they are fun to read.

No jokes this time. Just checking in, and saying Hi. Luv2ReadGrandma

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello hello and welcome home! You will get the hang of posting pictures on your blog, I promise! I'm glad you got your week in the sunshine. I've been thinking just this week how wonderfully nice it would be to go somewhere tropical and let my hair blow in the warm wind while I wear a sweet little tank top that I knitted myself...I love Oregon, I truly do, but January is hard. What finally gets me is the cold air and the cold rain that soaks directly into your bones, I swear. But I guess that's why they invented hot chocolate and wool to knit with. I can live with that. *kiss*

4:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey grandma!
I had NO idea you actually had a blog! Hahah when I'm at work, scanning bananas and rice for these crazy customers, my mind wonders. And I remembered all of a sudden that you had commented on my blog a little while ago, you know asking about The Mercy of Thin Air? I'm like, "Heeyyy... she's got a blog too!" heehee so I wanted to check it out. Very sweet! I love your posts so far. Am really glad that you were able to find some sunshine during this winter. Absolutley not fair though... hah, listen to Unka Shaina over here talking about cold... in OREGON! I think she needs to come over for another visit to the Hayes', what do you think? hahah I kid, I kid. Anyway, I love you grandma, I look forward to more of your posts!

Love,
Steph

9:31 PM  
Blogger Luv2ReedGrandma said...

I like Shikaka, and Topeka, too. Feels like luv to me. You make me feel grateful for my Rain!!!! I appreciate that; wish we all lived closer to each other, 2. Yes, I think Shaina needs a trip to the snow, Stephanie. YES we are proud of the SeaHawks. Gma Judith

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I found it! I only seen you respond to a few blogs, but I didn't know how to see yours. I figured it out! good for me. I'll keep visiting as long as you keep posting. i love you!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home