Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I am excited that the Navigation System that Angel helped me order when she was here, came yesterday!!! Not that I needed it, but I watched it work in her car when we were in Shikaka last year, and decided that one day I would have one. Not thinking it would be so soon, but hey. This says one can use it in Europe too. Haha.

I called the Home Insurance company, for them to come and look at our flooring. I guess that is why we pay insurance each month, right? It was required to have it, but I never thought I would call them and have them come and do a look-see.

Dad will go back to his home base on the 25th, and I will go with my brother and wife with Dad to his Doctor appointment this time. Dad has managed to adapt to living three different houses so far since January, and there will be a fourth when he goes back, because they are moving to a smaller unit where Dad will have his own room. That would be a hard adjustment for anybody if you ask me. Learning all over again where the silverware drawer is and all that.
He will come visit with us again even if he only stays a week this next time. He talks about going to see his brother who lives in another State up North. He wants to drive there, oh no. I needed this time with him. He is getting tireder and tireder every day, and walks with pain. He can't figure why he has lived this long, he says. Each day is a take it as it comes day. But it has been nice having him here; his companionship, and ornery little ways. :)

My little garden spot is ready, and it is a happy little place. With the sunshine coming every now and then lately, I sit on the deck and read, and just look at it with fondness.
Every day I try to do something useful that shows, or accomplish a project. We live far enough from 'town' that I try to have three reasons for going anywhere when I head out, too.
I haven't done jigsaw puzzles since Dad has been here, because his favorite place to sit is at the card table I have set up. I do get on the computer at times and play some games. Is that odd for a grandma to do? I hope not. Hey, I am just an antique little girl, after all.
Have a nice day; Make it a nice day, GmaKMother&Daughter

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello there,
I'm so glad I checked in on your blog and found that you had written new things on it. Hooray! It's nice to hear about the things you do.
Love you much, K.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Gramma, don't be sad, but I stopped writting poetry. Ok, it's alright to be a little sad about that, cause I am. I had about 50 or so poems written when me and my husband started dating, but when he read them, he didn't understand them, so he didn't like them. so instead of letting me interpret them for him, he and I got in a heated argument about what he THOUGHT they ment, and in the middle of the argument, I threw them all away :`( I've written only 4 or 5 since then. This actually is making me cry. I'll try to get back into it and write one especially for you.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Grandma!

Ok I know that you posted this blog like two months ago, but i've just now read it and i wanted to tell you how much I love hearing from you! Please keep posting!

Love you,

Stephy-Poop

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home