Friday, October 13, 2006

Grandmas are just antique little girls

I have been Tagged by Topekatrina to list 5 wierd things about me. Happy Friday the 13th!

1. Well, I have a wierd bunion on my right foot. My Grandma had it, my Mom had it (both of them had to have surgery on it). But my girls didn't get it, so at least it stops with me.

2. There's this Scorpio thing about me; I think about death a lot. Not horribly; but sort of live each day like it could be my last.

3. Applesauce. I like it cold. Is that weird? Or wierd that my hubby likes it served hot, with wheat thins on it. And I can't spell weird.

4. Empathy? Is it weird that I always look for the reason why people say or do things? Always. Or sort of 6th sense when I can feel that a car will pull in front of me, and then it does. Happens all the time.

5. and lastly; Don't shut the door on me. Ooooooo Don't shut me in. Leave my door open, please. I'm not talking front doors to the house or car doors. Just if I leave my bedroom door open, don't come and shut it, Ever. Isn't that weird enough for you?


It has been so long since I posted. I took pictures of the kitchen cabinets, and they look fine. I just haven't figured how to post the pictures on my blog. Maybe somehow daughter #3 will help me with it someday when I am down there visiting. Now my neighbor thinks I am so lucky because the kitchen and carpeting look so nice in here, and I drive a nicer car than she does. And that is a new feeling for me. I don't feel like a snob, but I do know I have it better than some people (or even better than I ever had before); I love taking hot showers and feeling good that we have water and electricity. I don't think I ever could take things like that for granted.
Because I am still that country girl that carried water from the creek when I was growing up, and used the outhouse (yes, you heard right). The teenager with no money to buy a nice dress for the formal. The young mother that wished for Christmas on year just a roll of toilet paper and a loaf of bread. The mother that couldn't buy nice clothes or toys for her kids. I could go on and on, but you get the picture.
Things are going fine here. My Dad is down South where the sunshine is for the winter again. Although it hasn't really started raining here yet. I still play games on the computer. I still knit. We just had a 90th birthday party for my husband's mother last night. I get out walking more; still need to lose some weight. Still love my kids and grandkids. Our lives are the same as others, just a little different.
My joys are my family. My life is good.
I will sign off for now, and try to post more often. Take care, and behave yourself. *smile*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you played along! Maybe I should tag you more often!

For the record, I enjoy applesauce at any temperature. I think I like room temperature best, but I can see really savoring freshly made warm applesauce, but not with wheat thins ON it? eeewww. And I don't think I would heat it up if it was cold.

It was fun reading your answers. Happy Friday the 13th to you as well.

*Love*

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home