Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Sept. 11


A day of remembering. Lifes were changed that day.


I was reading the things I wrote back in 2006 on this blog; how things were before David had his accident and all our lives here were changed.


Three years of not writing... Working my way through missing my son. I knew my son. I miss his wit and his knowledge. He had a capacity for understanding me, that no one else besides my girls have had. The way we could look across the room and know what we were thinking, for instance.


A mother has held that man when he was a little boy, and kissed his hurts away. Seen his laughter, seen him grow. Seen him sing in the Chamber Choir in Ashland, and took square dancing lessons with him... He worked his way through having had cancer when he was 17. He quit smoking, he had a family and loved his children....


David once said that Life is energy. Energy in a body. Life, Soul - they are energy that make the body move, feel, love, hurt, etc. David told Celia that death didn't matter, it was only a change of place for the energy .... and he put himself as an example like this.... "when I die, that will only mean that the energy has left my body - - - but my energy will continue to live, in the surroundings, anywhere that energy wants to go, it will be there. The wind is energy; love is energy.... a tree is full of energy. I have energy, I am alive, but when my body loses that energy, it will only be my body going to dust. I will still be around."



I miss you David. I knew your principles, your feelings, your standards. I will love you always. I know you would want me to remember you, but not grieve deeply forever. You would want me to be proud of you, and I am. You taught me to live in the moment, love my life, and take care of myself.



OK that said, this blog is going to be about my going down South for this winter. Probably I should have just created a whole new blog, but I didn't. This is for you, my girls, who have asked me to write often and keep in touch this way........ I Shall Return. I'll be Back. Let us just face this adventure together, and not get dramatic... We have Skype too, you know.
Mother

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home